Anyone in consulting (particularly strategy consulting) may find this excel tool useful in doing basic manipulations (e.g., calculating CAGRs) to complex opportunity rankings (using a scoring mechanism).
The tool has been used by consultants at McKinsey, Arthur D. Little, Adventis, and many other companies.
The Analytic Toolkit is available for free at http://AnythingResearch.com
Graphical tools include:
- A Chart Labeler that labels the points of a scatter plot in an excel chart – a feature not included within excel
- A Table-to-Powerpoint tool that takes an excel table and converts it to text boxes in powerpoint. In powerpoint, the boxes can be reformatted to give a highly professional appearance
- A Waterfall Chart maker – that takes input through excel and creates waterfall charts in powerpoint
- A Merimekko Chart maker – that takes data input in excel, and creates merimekko charts in powerpoint
Statistical / Analytical tools include
- A CAGR calculator that takes beginning and end years and values as input to calculate the Compound Annual Growth Rate.
- A scoring mechanism to rank opportunities, projects, markets, by multiple criteria – a classic framework for many strategy consulting projects
- A margin of error calculator – easily determine statistical margin of error and confidence intervals for surveys